Saturday, August 24, 2019

Velvet Underground


  1. Sunday Morning
  2. I'm Waiting For The Man
  3. Femme Fatale
  4. Venus In Furs
  5. All Tomorrow's Parties
  6. Heroin
  7. There She Goes Again
  8. I'll Be Your Mirror
  9. What Goes On
  10. Cool It Down
  11. Pale Blue Eyes
  12. Sweet Jane
  13. White Light/White Heat
  14. Oh! Sweet Nuthin'

I almost could have listed the entire first album. For the longest time that was the only VU album I had and I listened to it often. It wasn't until the Peel Slowly and See box set that I explored the later albums. My Lou Reed solo discography was limited to the classic best of album and the New York CD. I almost saw Lou live with Elvis Costello, Eddie Brickell and the Cowboy Junkies But he broke his leg and had to cancel. Still a great show. They moved Elvis up to headline and added local heroes The Violent Femmes. I actually associate Sweet Jane more with Mott The Hoople then solo Lou then VU but I kept it on anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment