Saturday, January 18, 2020

Led Zeppelin


  1. Going To California
  2. What Is And What Should Never Be
  3. All My Love
  4. Your Time Is Gonna Come
  5. Over The Hills And Far Away
  6. Gallows Pole
  7. Thank You
  8. The Battle Of Evermore
  9. Hey, Hey What Can I Do
  10. Fool In The Rain
  11. Friends
  12. Tangerine
  13. Ramble On
  14. Ten Years Gone
  15. That’s The Way (BBC version)
You would think with such a simple concept I would do these more often.

I love Led Zeppelin but as you can see from this list many of their biggest songs are missing. I could have swapped a few for songs like Dazed and Confused or Rock and Roll but Stairway, Whole Lotta Love and Black Dog have either been (in my opinion) overplayed or have elements I'm not fond of (I hate drum solos no matter how good the drummer is). This is actually an abbreviated version of a "best of" tape I made years ago that was adapted to fit on a CD but even then the above mentioned songs were left off. My brother borrowed the tape to play in the car for a while and his wife commented on the track list. When my brother said that I compiled the tape she responded with "Ah, I get it.".

2 comments:

  1. Outstanding! You picked quite a few that I would have, too. What's the full version of your Best OF? Bet it's really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I no longer have that list but at 72 minutes this is close to a full CD, Just enough room for The Rain Song, Since I've Been Loving You or The Lemon Song.

      Delete