Thursday, October 3, 2019

Chuck Berry


  1. Move It
  2. Maybellene
  3. Memphis Tennessee
  4. Little Marie
  5. No Particular Way To Go
  6. Wee Wee Hours
  7. Thirty Days
  8. Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller
  9. You Can't Catch Me
  10. Let It Rock
  11. Brown Eyed Handsome Man
  12. It's My Own Business
  13. Back In The USA
  14. Roll Over Beethoven
  15. Too Much Monkey Business
  16. Viva Viva Rock 'n' Roll
  17. School Day
  18. Oh Baby Doll
  19. Down The Road Apiece
  20. Reelin' and Rockin'
  21. Johnny B. Goode
  22. Bye Bye Johnny
  23. Lady B. Goode
  24. Around and Around
  25. I'm Talking About You
  26. Nadine (Is That You?)
  27. Carol
  28. Promised Land
  29. Big Boys
  30. My Dream

Here's a challenge for me and my first failure at keeping to my premise but this might still fit on one CD. I'm a huge Chuck fan and when I put him on, I find it hard to turn him off. My favorite way to listen to Chuck is to just put everything on shuffle and let it play. Even on my smaller iPod where I can only keep my favorites, Chuck's list is 40 songs long and I always feel I'm missing one or two. This list started with 25 songs and I struggled to cut it down to 15 so I added five to make it 30. I probably would have made a second post anyway. If you're unfamiliar with Chuck start with any best of package. Most focus on his work with Chess Records but he made some fine albums for Mercury in the 60s and released one album for Atlantic in 1979 which I highly recommend. His last album finished just before he passed is worth every penny as well. Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment